The main differences between the two types of business are:
1. A Limited Company has Limited Liability – which means the assets and liabilities of the company are separate from the owners of the business. With a Trading Name registration, the business does not have limited liability and the liabilities of the business are not distinct from those of the business owners.
2. With a Limited company the Company Name has legal protection and no other Limited Company with the same or even similar name can be registered – this is not the case with a trading name where the company name can be registered by other applicants also – there is not the benefit of name protection
3. With a Limited company lower Corporation Tax applies to retained profits and the company has shares that can be bought and sold, with a Trading Name there are no shares to buy or sell and lower rates of Corporation Tax do not apply.
The following particulars should be shown on headed notepaper of the company:
1. Company Name and Address
2. Type of company
3. Place of registration and registered number
4. Address of the registered office
All limited liability companies which has a website are required to display either on its homepage or a readily accessible webpage the following:
1. Name and type of company
2. The place of registration of the company and the number with which it is registered
3. The address of the registered office of the company
A company needs to file an Annual Return each year. We can prepare the Annual Return for you at a cost of Euro 130 including VAT. Normally a company will not need to file an audited set of accounts. Most companies are audit exempt as they are small companies below the thresholds for an audit.
Yes closing your company is easy as forming your company. Our professionals will prepare the
closure documents and liaise with the Revenue to obtain approval to cease and close the
company. A standard company closure costs Euro 295 plus VAT plus without any additional cost.
If you would like any help on explaining the above please contact us on 045-254212 where our
professionals are waiting to help – and remember taking to us is free!
The term non-resident director applies to any company director who is not a resident of an EEA country.
So, if you live outside the EEA and you want to register a company in Ireland, certain conditions apply. These conditions apply even if you are a citizen of the EEA who is living outside of the EEA. The rules apply to where you live, not your citizenship.
Sorry! The name “XYZ Company”
has already been taken.
Congratulations! The name “XYZ Company”
appears to be available
(Please note final decision rests with the Companies